Bulletproof coffee, or bulletproof coffee, has recently become quite popular due to the greater interest in high-fat and low-carbohydrate diets. It is coffee with the addition of butter and other fat, as well as with various spices, if anyone likes. Coffee with butter and whipped cream can be a tasty, high-fat dessert or replace breakfast for those who do not have time to eat it, it is a decent dose of energy to start the day well.
What is and how to make bulletproof coffee?
No energy to act? Decline, weariness, lethargy? Need quick support to move off? There is a way. It is of course coffee, but not so traditional. The secret to the bulletproof coffee recipe is the unusual insert. How to make bulletproof coffee?
Advantages of bulletproof coffee
Bulletproof coffee has recently become a real hit of the internet. Fans of the paleo diet especially loved her, but not only. I am not on this diet, and I reach for bulletproof coffee whenever I feel that I need specific energy support. Of course, you can always reach for a bar of chocolate, but that’s not the point. What are the benefits of coffee with added fat?
- Quick energy boost – ideally suited always when we feel the so-called “exit”. Bulletproof coffee will give both physical strength and help brighten the mind. You can drink it before training or a big intellectual challenge, such as an exam, an important performance or completion of this project, which has been waiting for a long time.
- Inhibition of appetite – gives a feeling of satiety for several hours. You can get it from time to time when there is no time for breakfast or lunch, but remember that it will not replace a full-fledged meal
- Accelerates metabolism – it can be one of the elements of slimming diets, but it should be used wisely. And, let’s remember that if we decide to sweeten bulletproof coffee, add milk to it or chew on a cookie, then the slimming properties of this drink will go into oblivion.
History of bulletproof coffee
The idea for coffee with fat was made famous in the Western world by American Dave Asprey, popular in the USA and not only, a blogger specializing in the subject of a healthy diet, slimming etc. And while asking your uncle Google about this coffee, you will probably be bombarded with his name, the original idea of this energy drink comes from somewhere else. Aspery, while traveling through Tibet, was inspired by the custom of adding fat-rich milk yak to tea. He transferred this custom to Western soil, and once again it turned out that the wisdom of the East became the perfect answer to the needs of people on the opposite side of the globe. Coffee with the addition of fat immediately appealed to the Americans, and later the fashion for it also came to Europe. Due to this activity the bulletproof coffee appeared in the world. Nowadays, it is worthy to know how to make bulletproof coffee.
Bulletproof coffee recipe
Preparation of bulletproof coffee is very simple and does not take much time. His attitude is coffee and fat, but calmly vegetarians and vegans can only be vegetable, i.e. coconut oil. However, remember to bet on high-quality ingredients, the most important is Arabica coffee. Instant coffee falls off, because let’s make an appointment, it’s not coffee, but rather a coffee-like drink. Bulletproof coffee can be made quickly in the morning before leaving the house, and if we replace the blending stage with regular fat dissolving in coffee, then also at work or anywhere. It is also worthy to add some MCT oils which positively affects whole body.
- ground coffee brewed in a coffee bar or any other way
- 2 teaspoons of butter (unsalted)
- 2 teaspoons of coconut oil
- (optional) favorite spices – cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, turmeric
Blend all ingredients and it’s ready! A delicate foam will be formed on top. If you don’t have a hand blender, let the fat dissolve in hot coffee, then mix everything vigorously with a spoon. The effect will be slightly different from the blend version, but from time to time you can also reach for this solution.